Friday, May 18, 2007

A Man Without a Country - Kurt Vonnegut

Title: A Man Without a Country
Author: Kurt Vonnegut
Recommended by: Glenn Files (my father!)

This book as well was not so much recommended as one day my dad came up to me, and told me that he had found this book in a cheap book sale. Anyway, both my father and I are big Kurt Vonnegut fans, but I was kind of weary of this latest book that had come out.

The book took quite a different route from much of Vonnegut's other work, because this book was closer to a set of memoirs than the usual fare. It was still pretty well done, and I feel Kurt Vonnegut's writing is amazing, reading the book seems more like a conversation than anything else. Still, as far as it goes, I don't much like books making political points, and enjoyed this far less than the average Vonnegut.

Recommendation: 6/10, it felt like a good insight into the mind of Vonnegut, and like you were hearing it from the man himself, but, given a pile of his books, it would probably be the last one I would pick up.

No comments: