Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am Legend

Title: I am Legend
Author: Richard Matheson
Recommended by: Andrew Sharp

I was talking to Andrew Sharp about that new Will Smith movie coming out (what are the odds he'll make a song for it? high.) It's called I am Legend, and it's based off this book. Andrew was the one who informed me that there was a book, so I started searching for it at my local librarys and across OhioLink (it's a big network connecting a lot of libraries in Ohio). I couldn't find a copy, so I actually went out and bought it, cause I was really interested.

The story is about a future where a plague has turned it's victims into what appear to be vampires. The main character is all alone in LA and has holed up in his house at night, and during the day he hunts down these vampires. The main character eventually searches out what causes the plague, and tries to scientifically find out why vampires react to garlic, crosses, and if the only way to kill one is with a wooden stake.

I really enjoyed this book because it wasn't a horror story at all. I'm not a big fan of scary books, or movies, and the writing in this was great because it focused a lot on the main character's human element, which is the very thing seperating him from the vampires.

Recommendation: 9/10, this is the best vampire book since Dracula, maybe better.

No comments: