Monday, August 20, 2007

Make Love: The Bruce Campbell way

Title: Make Love: The Bruce Campbell way
Author: Bruce Campbell
Recommended by: Jason Hall (double indirectly)

My buddy Jason works on google reader, and he got me using it, and I think it's great. Anyway, one of his shared items on google reader was about Bruce Campbell, and it made me decide to check out any books Bruce Campbell had written. (Shared items are pretty great, if Jason reads something exciting from his google reader subscriptions he can share it, and then people who read his shared items can read it too.)

This book was about Bruce Campbell making it big. (If you don't know who Bruce Campbell is, he was in a lot of B-movies.) So in the book, he gets to be in a big budget romatic comedy called "Let's make love" with A-list actors like Richard Gere. As filming for the movie goes on, and Bruce sugests some ideas, the movie quickly becomes full of B-movie type gags, and gets a little out of control.

The story is really entertaining, it starts out pretty believable, but by the end of the book, everything is crazy and out of hand. But this happens in such a gradual way, that I didn't even realize how crazy it had become until I stepped back and tried to explain the story to my friend Mark. I also really enjoyed this book since it was one of the first really funny books I've read this year.

Recommendation: 9/10, If you've ever liked anything that had Bruce Campbell, you'll like this.

No comments: